Páginas

terça-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2013

Chapter 14


Beth




- What was that all about? - I wondered as I looked at my cellphone.

I started to check what was different in it and suddenly a window popped up in the screen saying I had a new message.
- Don't tell me... - I said as I opened the message.

If you ever feel lonely just text me ;)
- Damion.

My cheeks were burning up. How can my life change so much in a day?
- I guess I'll just reply back. - I said with a big smile on my face as I sat down in the couch with Prince on my lap.

Damion

                         


Thank you Damion :) You can count on me as well - Beth
I suddenly dropped my phone after reading Beth's message.
My heart had just skipped a beat.
What the hell is happening?I picked up my phone from the ground and kept going towards home.
My house's front door was now ahead of me. I started looking for my key so I could open the door but it seems that I couldn't find it.
DAMN IT. I probably forgot it at Beth's place.

Well... I won't go back to her house. My mom is probably at home so... I'll just knock on the door.

I hope this man she was talking about isn't there...I knocked on the door and as my mom opened the door I could see behind her a tall slim man. He had brown eyes and he had a very pale skin.

- Thank god you're here! I was starting to get worried! - She said after opening the door.
- You worried so much you didn't even call me. - I said a bit angry at her.
- I thought you were alright, after all you're already 17 years old, I thought you were responsible enough to know what you're doing. Come in.

I had no answer to that. That's something that I like about my mom, she gives me enough space. Although her attitude was a bit unexpected since I would never get home at this time. Normally I would have arrived earlier.

I heard the door behind me closing – Damion, this is George. - I looked at the man in front of me – Hi kid – George said as he approached his hand to mine so I could give him a handshake. - I'm Damion - I said while shaking his hand.
- Good! Now that you both know each other we can hang out more often! - I heard my mom's voice.
I stared at my mom with an unpleasant impression.

- I'm going to my room. - I said and then went upstairs.
After getting into my room I closed the door and lay down on my bed. I could feel the pillow against my face, it was warm and comfy. Suddenly I couldn't handle it anymore and felt a tear rolling down my face, and then another tear until my warm and comfy pillow became cold and uncomfortable. I couldn't stand it anymore, my mom was being selfish. Or... was I the one being selfish?
I can't understand it. I'm tired of meeting men and I'm tired of having to always sacrifice myself so she can be happy and then sad.

Suddenly I heard a beep coming from my phone.
Hey Damion, I just wanted to let you know that you forgot your keys in my house... Don't worry! I'll bring them tomorrow to you. - Beth

I smiled at her text. She has such a perfect timing...
Thank you Beth... Thank you for everything. - I texted her as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

I kept staring at my phone.
She's special...She really is.

Oh... You don't have to thank me really... I am the one who has to thank you. You were my first friend, and the first who noticed me. You protected me from those bullies and you made me more confident about myself for some reason... If I'm friends with John and Clair it's also thanks to you.
I admire you a lot.
Thank you.
-
Beth.

After this big text, I could feel my head getting hotter. My tears were completely dry after that text.

I couldn't stop smiling at my phone.Oh god that felt so cheesy! Just forget what I said LOLBeth.

I burst out laughing with that last text of hers. She sent it 5 seconds later!
I couldn't stop laughing and now I was crying tears of joy.
She really is special.

You have no idea how much you made me laugh now. I really needed that. I think you're amazing Beth. I admire you too. -
Damion.

- Damion! Come down stairs it's time for dinner! - I heard my mother's voice.
- I'm coming mom! - I said not very amused. But...I was happy now. Beth had just made my day.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário