Páginas

quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012

Chapter 13



Clair


After eating the pizzas we went back to the couch and started chatting a bit.
John explained what had happened between him and Lisa, we watched a little bit more of tv and suddenly my phone started ringing.
I picked up the phone – Hello?
- Clair! The nurse from your school called me! How are you?! – I heard my dad’s voice.
-
Don't worry dad I already went to the hospital and everything's fine now, I'm using crutches.
- Oh dear god! I'm so sorry darling... Did you go by yourself? I'm such a bad father. But don't worry I asked my boss if I could leave early and he didn't mind. I’m on my way home.
-
I didn’t go alone – I looked at Beth, Damion and John – I went with three friends of mine. I’m not at home now, I’m at a friend’s house.
-I see, I’m glad you didn’t go alone. Tell me where your friend’s house is and I’ll pick you up.
-
Okay.

I explained where Beth’s house was and after 15 minutes or so he had arrived.
I looked at my new friends. – Thank you guys really. Today was such a big day! I hope tomorrow we can be together just like today.
- Yeah! It was a really big day – John said.
Beth helped me getting up since she was closer to me and then I left her house.


Damion


It was now 5 pm.
I couldn’t stop thinking about my mom now. Is she worried?I looked at my cell phone. There weren’t any notifications there. Whatever.
After chatting a little bit more and watching tv, John too had now left the house.

Damn it… Now I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable…Maybe I should leave too. Besides, her parents are probably almost home so maybe I should really leave.


-
Well maybe I should be leaving too… Your parents are probably almost home so… - I said while scratching the back of my head.
- Oh… my parents… they’re not coming today.
I looked at her – What? How so? – I suddenly remembered how the fridge didn’t have much food.
- Well… My parents are owners of a big factory and sometimes they have to travel. They went travelling 2 days ago or so. They’ll come back tomrrow or after tomorrow.
- I see… - I said while looking at her. She was feeling a bit sad, I could notice.
- But don’t worry Damion! Besides I have my Prince with me!
- WHAT PRINCE? – I suddenly understood I had spoken a bit loud – Sorry! – I said and then she started laughing. I really am stupid ain’t I?
-
This Prince dummy! – She said as she grabbed her Labrador.
I looked at the ground embarrassed – I’m very dummy.
- Yes you are. – She said with a big smile on her face.


We stared at each other for a few seconds but then I turned away.
- Well I should get going, my mom is probably worried. Probably not since she didn’t call me but…
-
Oh okay… It was nice having you here Damion. You and the rest of the group. Today was probably one of the best days of my life.
I smiled at her – I had a really great time here. Can you give me your phone for a second?
- Wh-what for? – She said a bit curious.
- You’ll see!

She gave me her phone and I turned around so she wouldn’t see what I was doing.
After I finished I gave her the phone back.

- What did you do? – She put Prince on the ground and started checking some things on her cell phone.

- Oh nothing, nothing… Well it’s time to leave then. Bye Prince – I said as I pet her dog – And see you tomorrow Beth! – I said before walking out the door.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário