Páginas

domingo, 16 de dezembro de 2012

Chapter 11



John




It was now 1:30 pm and I was having lunch with Lisa.
I'm totally surprised. Normally it's me who asks her all the time to have lunch with me and she would always say no. So, yeah, it's very surprising.

- So yeah me and Christina went to the mall and bought three t-shirts! They were so cool, one said, like, “Be a star, Be someone” …

Somehow I'm still thinking about what had happened between me and Clair. Why did she react like that?

-
John?

I am really stupid ain't I?

-
JOHN!
- WHAT?!

Suddenly I noticed how I had replied to Lisa.

- I'm sorry Lisa! It's just that I'm having so many things in my mind.
- Oh wait, let me think, does it involve someone who has a broken foot?! - She asked me a bit aggressive.
- Yeah. - I answered.
- Listen, girls like her aren't worth thinking about – She suddenly grabbed my hands – She only cares about herself. Didn't you see how she talked to you? She's stupid and childish. She's probably like that because her parents don't care about her.

I looked at her, almost speechless for what I had just heard, how could she say such things? – What are you saying Lisa? I guess Clair was completely right about you and about me. I'm stupid for hanging out with you really - I suddenly moved away my hands from hers and left the table we were at.

- John! Get back here!
- I'M NOT YOUR PET. - I replied back. Everyone in the restaurant was now looking at us.

I can't believe I actually just said that. - I thought to myself as I left the restaurant. I'm going to the hospital and visit Clair.




Clair

After making the exams the nurse was now taking me to Beth and Damion's side.
I could see they really were getting along well with each other. Actually, they would make a good couple.

- Clair! How did it go? - Beth asked after standing up and after I had arrived.
- It went fine! Well my foot is broken but they said I'd just have to use crutches and to be careful so I won't hurt my foot. They put lots of ligatures as you can see – I pointed to my foot – But yeah I'm cool now. Oh! Also I have to start going to physiotherapy, maybe in 2 months my foot won't bother me again.

- Well what matters is that you'll be alright. - Damion said.
- Clair!

Suddenly we all looked at the hospital's front door.
A blonde guy was at the front door, he looked like an angel because of the light that came from the outside. He started walking towards us.

- John? - I looked at him – What are you doing here?
He looked at me with a sad look in his eyes - I'm sorry Clair. I was an idiot. Lisa is not what I thought she was. I kept thinking about what had happened between us, I really want to fix things.
- John... I think I'm the one who should apologize to you. I shouldn't have interfered in your life. Can you forgive me?

And suddenly I felt John's arms around my neck.
- We're just idiots.
I smiled – Yes we are - I put my arms around his back.
After awhile we let go of each other – Wow you're really small now! - He said trying to tease me for being in a wheelchair.
- Haha how funny! - I said sarcastically and punched him in the shoulder.

We heard someone coughing – Hi John! My name is Damion nice to meet you. This is Beth. - Me, John and Beth started laughing.
- So what did the doctor say? - John asked me.
After explaining everything to John, Beth took a look at the clock - Wow! It's already 2 pm ! Who's hungry? - Beth asked.

Everyone had raised their hand, including me.

- Well I didn't eat much when I was having lunch so yeah. - John said.
- How about we go to McDonalds or something? - Damion suggested.
- Sounds good to me! - I said.
- Let's go then! - Beth said excited.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário